15 Apr BONABAG in Vogue UK
Bright Young Things 2021 in Vogue April Issue
1. Self-introduction: Please record a brief introduction to yourself
- Introduce yourself and your brand shortly
Our journey began with a touch of passion. That passion was seeking craftmanship and custom creation rather than being a part of fast fashion era. We believe that fortune favours the brave and we are all designers at heart!
- How does your current location impact your work?
As an Istanbul-based production brand, the energy of complete confusion and disorder inspire us to design multi-functional items.
- What is your favourite piece of your collection and why?
It’s hard to choose which one is our favourite. If I have to choose one, “the banana bag” J is my favourite, I mean the “Converter”. I really in love with this design.
2. Please record yourself discussing this Vogue Partnership
- What does it mean to you, to have your work featured under the British Vogue Partnership, alongside luxury brand such as Chanel, Dior and even BMW?
A few years ago, we were leafing through British Vogue with admiring amazing brands and now we are one of them! What a big step!
- How has Vogue impacted your outlook on the industry/design process in the past?
Vogue is like a key magazine which combine art and fashion. BONABAG’s position is totally at this point. Vogue always inspires us to make more artistic collections.
- Is this a particular highlight in your career, what were some of your proudest achievements so far?
Yes, for sure! Vogue is a significant achievement for brand development. Also, we were at New York Fashion Week Runway 1 month ago.
3. The Hollywood effect: Please record yourself answering questions on the Hollywood theme of the Vogue Issue
- Which celebrity would you love to see in your designs/how would you style them?
Dakota Johnson. She has minimalistic and unique style with highlighting amazing details like what we do in our designs. It’s matching styles! We can imagine her wearing all BONABAG items.
- Which Red carpet event would you most want to see your designs at?
We would like to see our designs in Bafta. Last year, Bafta encouraged an eco-friendly dress code and it was a big step for fashion industry. As BONABAG, we believe sustainability is at the heart of everything we do.
- Do you have any movie(s) that inspired your work?
The Devil Wears Prada, Dress Maker, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Girl Boss, Sex and the City…